Joining the Historic Places Trust is an easy and inexpensive way of supporting New Zealand’s heritage. As a non profit organisation the NZHPT's 20,000 plus members provide a vital source of funding for heritage preservation work, as well as assisting the NZHPT to advocate effectively on heritage conservation issues.
All NZHPT members are entitled to a range of exclusive member benefits, including
- a free subscription to New Zealand’s leading heritage magazine, Heritage New Zealand (published quarterly in full colour)
- free normal admission to all NZHPT-owned and/or managed properties throughout New Zealand*
- exclusive discounts on a range of products and services such as domestic tours & accommodation, and home improvement products
- free admission to hundreds of heritage properties overseas.
* Please understand that surcharges may apply at times of special events and exhibitions, for parking, and the use of other amenities.
Read more about the membership benefits.
Membership is available for families, individuals, senior citizens and students. The annual cost for each category is:
- Family (two adults and children at school) $69
- Individual $64
- Joint Senior Citizen (retired person 60 years or over, plus one other person at same address) $50
- Senior Citizen (retired person 60 years or over) $45
- Student (full time)/Unwaged $45
- Life $995
- Joint Life (two adults at same address) $1295.
Please note that membership fees are not refundable. The fees include GST. These fees are valid at 1 September 2008.
Multiple year membership
Join or renew your membership for five years at the appropriate subscription rate now, and we'll give you six months additional membership for free!
You can gift membership to a friend or a family member so they can experience our stunning heritage places for themselves. You can choose whether you will continue to renew the membership on their behalf for as long as you wish, or make it for just one year.
While a subscription to Heritage New Zealand is included with full NZHPT membership, you may prefer to take out a subscription to the magazine only. It also makes a wonderful gift for a friend or family member.
The magazine subscription price includes postage to a New Zealand address. There is a charge for magazines being mailed to addresses outside New Zealand, and international deliveries will be airmailed.
You can also read the magazine digitally through the Zinio platform using your pc, kindle, ipad, or smartphone. It's just like reading a hard copy - but on-screen instead. Purchase a single copy for $6, or a subscription (4 issues) for $19.95. Go to our publisher's page on Zinio to experience it for yourself.
Magazine subscription fees
- $35.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $70.00 for two years [8 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $65.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an overseas address.
- $19.95 for one year (four issues) for a digital-only edition (available via Zinio). You read the magazine online on a pc, kindle, ipad or smart phone.
Express delivery: For an additional $20, your application receives priority attention. Express delivery guarantees delivery of your membership pack and card within five working days to a New Zealand address only.
Replacement/extra cards - sometimes it's handy for family members to have their own membership card. An additional card for a partner or family member (included in the membership category you hold) may be obtained on request for $5. Cards occasionally do go missing or get stolen - we're happy to replace your lost membership card on request for $5 each.
Postal charges: Please note that additional charges may apply for international deliveries:
- $30 per annum for four issues of the magazine delivered (via airmail) to an address outside New Zealand
- $10 for a membership card/pack posted to an address outside New Zealand.
Membership Applications and Renewals
You can join today using the application form provided on this website. You can send the completed form on-line using a credit card for payment . To ensure your security, credit card details are sent through a secure server. All membership applications are processed in Membership Services, located in NZHPT's National Office, in Wellington.
Please call Membership Services if you would prefer to carry out your transaction by phone, fax or post.
Address: Membership Services
NZ Historic Places Trust
PO Box 2629
Tel: +64 4 472 4341 or freephone 0800 802 010
Fax: +64 4 499 0669
Freephone NZHPT's Membership Services, on 0800 802 010 to join or renew your membership using a credit card.
You may like to gift a membership to a friend or family member. You may also renew your membership here!
Delivery: Please allow about 5-7 working days for us to process your application, generate your personalised membership card and send out your membership pack (deliveries within New Zealand). Allow about 21 days for most overseas deliveries. An express service is available at an extra charge for delivery to a New Zealand address only.
Membership is also available for corporates/businesses, local authorities, libraries, iwi, and schools. Please contact Membership Services for further information.
Lost your card ? Please contact Membership Services on 0800 802 010. We'll replace it as quickly as possible. A small charge applies.
Need to change your address? Please contact Membership Services on 0800 802 010 or email email@example.com. Include your membership number if you can, your name, your old address and your new address. Let us know when your new address becomes effective.