The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable effort has been made to ensure its quality, reliability and accuracy. The New Zealand Historic Places Trust Pouhere Taonga (NZHPT):
- may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice
- reserves the right to withdraw its website or any pages within the site at any time and without prior warning. NZHPT will endeavour to advise users of its website in advance of any withdrawal, in part or full, whether such withdrawal is temporary or permanent.
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. The NZHPT does not necessarily endorse the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of linked websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites. The NZHPT cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and does not have control over availability of the linked pages
- has checked files which may be downloaded from this website for viruses or other materials that may cause damage to computer systems or files and does not accept any liability for any damage caused by downloading any materials from this site.
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice.
- Reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service whether by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the NZHPT.
Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
© Copyright New Zealand Historic Places Trust Pouhere Taonga, 2008. P O Box 2629, Wellington 6140.
None of the content of this website may be reproduced, copied, used, communicated to the public or transmitted without the express written permission of NZHPT, except for the purposes of private study, research, review or education, as provided for in the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994.
For written permission to reproduce information on this website for purposes other than personal use, please contact NZHPT’s National Office, email@example.com. When information from this website is used in any context, please reference it to the website of the NZHPT, acknowledging the author as appropriate.
Some material on this site such as articles, images, research and recordings may be identified as being the copyright of a third party, and is being used on this site with the permission of those authors. NZHPT is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others – authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Images of Taonga Māori
Images of taonga have cultural significance to Māori. Such images and their associated information should be used for personal use only.
If you require images from the NZHPT’s collection, please contact National Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the image(s) you require, referencing the relevant NZHPT publication or website page(s), and explaining how the image(s) will be used. Fees for reproduction may apply. Please note that some images may not be available for reproduction, or may not be in our copyright.
Images shown within the Register Online may not necessarily be available for third party use - they are shown here with the kind permission of owners and other interested persons. These images are usually not available in high resolution. Most registered places are privately owned, so permission from the owner, photographer and iwi may all be required before images can be reproduced elsewhere. Charges may apply.
Photography in or around NZHPT properties and workplaces
Visitors may photograph, record or film people and general scenes within and around NZHPT properties for private purposes such as personal study, mementoes of a visit or a special occasion. Images taken this way may not be sold commercially or displayed publicly without permission of NZHPT.
Commercial photography will require permission, and may attract charges. Please contact the property manager to discuss your requirements.
Photography and filming may be prohibited at certain times or at certain exhibitions. Where this is the case, any limitations will be communicated clearly.
Use of the NZHPT logo on other websites
The NZHPT’s logo, masthead and name are protected by trademark registration and copyright. The NZHPT logo must not be placed on an external website, within any publication or otherwise used by any party without the express approval of NZHPT. Contact National Office, + 64 4 472 4341 or email@example.com for more information.
Links to/from NZHPT’s website
The NZHPT reserves the right to approve the use of hypertext links to or from its website. Framing of NZHPT material is not permitted – in order to ensure the accuracy of information being presented to the public and good user experiences, we prefer hyperlinks to the relevant pages.
Links from the NZHPT’s website to external websites are provided for the convenience of users, and do not constitute any endorsement or approval of content by the NZHPT. External link requests usually will be assessed against the appropriateness to which the purpose or content of the other website meets the NZHPT’s mission and organisational objectives.
Please contact National Office for more information.
The NZHPT hopes you will be delighted with purchases from any of our properties or from our on-line store. We understand that sometimes things go wrong despite the best efforts of our staff and delivery agents to give good service.
All purchases from this site are covered by the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which guarantees that any goods purchased for personal use may be returned, if they are considered faulty, require repair, replacement or refund of purchase price within a reasonable period of time as defined by Act.
Please refer to our on-line shopping terms and conditions (pdf file) for more information.